14.8.2012

From a chaos to an organised chaos

I just spent about 1 and a half weeks with my family in Kokkola. I have this habit of taking jewellery materials with me and since we were going to the market place, my jewellery, too. It is kinda nuts packing it all up and all but I can't stand the idea of not being able to make something if I get inspired so I do it anyway. This time, I filled one of those handy plastic cases that are meant for nails and such which made much more sense than a bunch of small plastic bags I had with me in Helsinki in June. Those things are handy. 

I used most of the materials when I made some new pieces for the market place. However, there were new charms I got in the mail just as I was leaving for the railway station. I had ordered them from The UK thinking they would be waiting for me when I got back home but they arrived early. I just couldn't resist so I took the packages with me. I bought another storage case in Kokkola, from Clas Ohlsson, and filled it with charms, chains and my jewellery. When I got back home and piled them on my desk, it became even more apparent that I need to do something to get my materials organised. There are two many things in plastic bags, my drawers, several of those cases and in different boxes and lids and whatnot. My desk that I called huge upon its arrival had begun to look rather small.

So today, I went to Clas Ohlsson again and bought a huge thingy that has 60 small compartments. I haven't even filled it up yet and I am already in love! It is one of these, mine is the one that looks like a replica of an apartment building or, in other words, second from the right.

Tomorrow I am going to take all my metallic cat, horse, dog, shoe, rainbow, owl, cupcake, skull, horse shoe, tree, elephant and other charms and put them in their own separate boxes. Then I can put away all those cases I have on the desk and free up some much-needed space. It will be easier to work when I have more space and I can spread out all the parts I am using at a certain time. I think I might also test the idea I got from the sales person today and glue a sample part, so to say, to the outside of each small compartment so I will know what is in each compartment by just glancing at them. I like the sound of that!

I wonder how long it will be until I go back and get a second thingy.

Ei kommentteja: