6.8.2012

I'm singing in the rain, or more like I'm soaking in it

Last Wednesday, I got ready to go to the market place here in Kokkola. The evening event starts officially at 5pm but since my parents were leaving somewhere in the car, I took them up on the offer to go there before 4. The sky was a little cloudy so my dad reminded me to take an umbrella. I shrugged and said I am sure it is not going to rain. Um, should've listened.

They took me to a good spot with all my stuff, set up the table for me and left. I took my time organising my pieces into the displays. There were a lot of people setting things up and some visitors already walking around. I was just about the be done when I got I noticed it was starting to drizzle. About 2 minutes later it was pouring. I could've ran somewhere to take cover but I couldn't leave my jewellery so I just stood there, trying to cover at least some of my pieces with the umbrella that my mom had brought - thank goodness. It soon became clear that this was not a shower since the rain didn't show any signs of stopping. And then, we got thunder. At that point, I was pretty much ready to leave as soon as my parents would drive there and get me.

I stood in the rain for over an hour. At some point, my mom rang and asked if I wanted to leave. I said that now that the rain has stopped, I want to stay and sell at least something after getting everything out on the table and standing in the rain. She said that she'd join me.

By the time my mom arrived with her knitted items, the sun was shining. Luckily the table cloth we had on the table was the kind of material that dries quickly so the table didn't look that bad after a while. I poured the water out of my jewellery displays (thank goodness for plastic!) and wiped the jewellery with kitchen paper. As the clouds moved away, the people arrived and we ended up having a pretty nice and successful evening. My grandmother came to see us which was an added bonus, so to say. Below are a few photos.


As you can see, the table was a little wet at this point.


My new creations, strands for keys. Many kids seemed to like that yellow mouse.


Earrings in the centre


Peacocks!


Bracelets and ankle bracelets

Ei kommentteja: