26.7.2012

A wise woman writes her blog at 4 in the morning

It is late, past anyone's bedtime, I'd say, but I wanted to post here before I go and get ready for bed. This blog of mine is still such a new thing for me that posting here does not come automatically. In an attempt to make blogging a part of my routine, I am trying to post daily or at least once every few days. Let's see how it goes.

Wednesday was a post office day. I sent out a few pieces of jewellery - including an elephant necklace with one of the beautiful elephants I got in Helsinki a while ago - as well as some jewellery materials I sold via a handcraft group. I love how I can find new things in there and also recycle parts I do not need myself. I also made an order - a gold-coloured ankle bracelets - that was ordered earlier this week. I didn't have the address yet so that one will be mailed out on Friday. I am making at least 2 post office trips per week.

I got a message from the lady who runs a foster home for cats in Michigan. Recently, I donated two pieces to her auction she had for raising a little money to cover expenses of Sassy, a young feral cat she took in together with her kittens. Sassy's kittens have found homes already but she is still at the foster home, hopefully, growing accustomed to humans. She will be taking a trip to another state a little later, she is going to be living in a barn on a farm. Anyways, the lady messaged me just now saying that those two pieces I donated made her foster home $45. That is great news! I am glad I can help like that - even a little. She gave me the addresses of the highest bidders so my pieces will be on their way to Maryland and Indiana on Friday.


Ei kommentteja: