24.7.2012

Pride (in the name of love)

I just posted about selling my jewellery at an Pride event on last Saturday. Since the post was in Finnish, I thought I would fill you English-speaking people in here, too. So here goes.

There was an event called North Pride here in my home town. It was a 4-day event with the parade itself falling on the Saturday, 21st. The parade marched through the city to Kuusisaari, an island near the city centre of Oulu. I had contacted someone in the local chapter of Seta, the national lgbtqia organisation and made arrangements to sell my jewellery along with their t-shirts.

The day was rainy but we had a tent of sorts so we stayed relatively dry in the rain. It was fun to interact with people and to see which pieces drew their attention. I like being at events like this and to get the chance to see the people buying my pieces. I wish there were more opportunities for that!

There are a few photos from the event in the post below. Hope you like them!

Ei kommentteja: